Calling all designers! We need your help to design the official Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012 t-shirt. So we decided to run a contest, where you can win a free ticket to the event, and other cool stuff. The winning shirt design will be chosen by the Startup Weekend organizers. Deadline for submission is midnight on August 23, 2012. See details below.
- First place will recieve a free ticket to Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012, be listed as a Media Sponsor on the Blacksburg Startup Weeekend website, and have their T-Shirt design given out to all Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012 participants.
- Second place will recieve a free ticket to Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012.
- All are welcome to participate.
- You must incorporate Startup Weekend, Blacksburg, and the date, September 14-16, 2012 into your design.
- A t-shirt will be given to every registered Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012 participant, so your design should be one that appeals to the majority of the participants. The design should capture the essence of entrepreneurship & startups.
- Designs may include line art and text but no photographs.
- Your design is for the front of the shirt and may encompass an area up to 10″³ x 10″³.
- Design may use a maximum of three colors.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
- Please visit http://startupweekend.org/organizer/resources/organizers-toolkit/logos/ for information on use of Startup Weekend registered marks.
- Digital entries only. High-resolution images in .eps format are preferred. We will also accept VECTOR art entries in the following formats: .ai, .cdr, .pdf, .svg, .wmf. All fonts must be converted to curves. There should be no embedded bitmap images (jpg, tif, bmp). Colors should be spot with no half-tones.
- Submissions should be sent via email with attachment to email@example.com with the subject “T-Shirt Entry”. Submissions that fail to include this subject, may not be accepted.
- Submissions will be accepted until midnight August 23, 2012.
The Fine Print
- Maximum of two entries per person.
- All entries must include a signed artist agreement to be considered.
- Submissions are judged by the Blacksburg Startup Weekend organizers.
- The Blacksburg Startup Weekend organizers will select the final winners.
- The Blacksburg Startup Weekend organizers reserve the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size or ink color or t-shirt color.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by Starup Weekend including, but not limited to, the Blacksburg Startup Weekend website, the 2012 Blacksburg Startup Weekend t-shirt and future marketing materials.
- The winning designs will be announced on August 31, 2012. Second place will recieve a free ticket to Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012. First place will recieve a free ticket to Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012, be listed as a Media Sponsor, and have their T-Shirt design given out to all Blacksburg Startup Weekend 2012 participants.
Thanks for participating & Good Luck!